In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- email@example.com
Other Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Manager- email@example.com
Library Director: Susan Sentz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - email@example.com
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Sharon Skrapits
Secretary: Walter Fries
Treasurer: Jane Yagerhofer
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Amanda Millhouse
Click here to see the Bylaws for the Northampton Area Public Library.
There is currently a vacancy on the Library's Board of Trustees. Click here for a description of the responsibilities of a Board member.
Northampton Area Public Library
Board of Trustees
Meeting Minutes for May 13, 2015
Present at meeting: Dan Belletti, Sharon Skrapits, Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Amanda Millhouse, Walter Fries, Karen Hein, Susan Sentz
- Meeting was called to order at 6:30 by Dan Belletti.
- Motion was made by Jane Yagerhofer to accept minutes of April 8 with correction of typo and seconded by Judy Odenwelder.
- After review, a motion was made by Walter Fries to adopt the non- discrimination policy to be included in the policy handbook and was seconded by Jane Yagerhofer.
- After review a motion was made by Sharon Skrapits to adopt the clearance policy for Act 114 compliance and was seconded by Amanda Millhouse.
50th anniversary Celebration:
- The idea of showing an outdoor movie was scrapped.
- The time for the event was set as 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Advertising for the event will be completed by the end of June.
- Sharon will contact the Middle School Music Director about getting a chorus to sing at the celebration.
- The Iron Pigs mascot will be in attendance.
Director of Operations Report:
- Karen reminded the Board of the fundraiser at The Blue Monkey on the 18th, and advised us that the new kitchen has been installed in the break room.
- Karen explained changes to the projected budget for 2015-2016.
- A motion was made by Sharon Skrapits to approve the projected budget and was seconded by Amanda Millhouse.
- A motion was made by Walter Fries to accept the bid from Manchester Roof Systems to do the repairs to the roof and was seconded by Sharon Skrapits.
- Jane Yagerhofer asked if the Board could use the library’s ipads and other tablets that aren’t being used for Board meetings. Susan said she would get them ready.
- Dan advised the Board that some local churches are interested in partnering with the library for after school programs for students such as tutoring. Dan asked about the possibility of getting temporary cubicles set up in the community room for these programs when it is not in use.
- Judy asked Karen if the Community Center contacted the library about parking conflicts on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
- Susan asked if anyone would be interested in attending the district meeting with her.
Motion to adjourn
- Motion to adjourn was made by Dan Belletti and seconded by Amanda Millhouse.