In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- email@example.com
Other Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Manager- email@example.com
Library Director: Melissa Hawk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - email@example.com
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Jane Yagerhofer
Secretary: Claudine Smith
Treasurer: Sharon Skrapits
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MINUTES
August 14, 2013
- Meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by Dan Belletti. In attendance: Dan Belletti, Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Donna Pinsley, Claudine Smith, Walter Fries, Melissa Hawk, and Karen Hein.
- Motion to accept minutes as read from July meeting made by Claudine Smith, and 2nd by Walt Fries. Minutes accepted as read. Motion carried.
- Discussed storage facility units...no information returned from vendors at this date.
- Mentioned that insurance underwriters were called for further information and clarification concerning the condition of the NAPL sidewalks. Message was left but call was not returned.
- Discussed fundraising "thank you" phone calls and date to complete all calls. It was decided that calls must be made prior to the Basket Social-so all calls will need to be made by September 30th.
- Discussed Friends' yard sale fundraiser. Some suggestions were given such as:
--letting patrons know vendors were located all around the building and not just on the side visible from the front of the building
- Discussed "Strategy Buckets" and looked to finalize the wording for publication. The Board voted to not assign people to individual "buckets", but to get volunteers to serve on committees as needed.
- Discussed ideas for a "fundraising mixer" to get businesses into the library and to attract them as donors. Board thought April was a good month for the mixer since April 13-19 is National Library Week.
- Revisited mission and vision statements to make final changes.
- Discussed attending Northampton Street Fair on September 14th from 10-5. Ideas were generated for giveaways and promotions at the Fair.
- Reviewed Library Director's report and Director of Operations' report.
- Discussed estimates for carpeting-this information will be scanned and sent to Board members.
- Motion to adjourn at 8:50 PM made by Donna Pinsley, and 2nd by Judy Odenwelder. Motion carried.
Claudine Smith, Secretary