In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- email@example.com
Other Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Manager- email@example.com
Library Director: Melissa Hawk - firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - email@example.com
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Jane Yagerhofer
Secretary: Claudine Smith
Treasurer: Sharon Skrapits
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MINUTES
February 12, 2013
- Meeting was called to order at 7 pm by Jane Yagerhofer. In attendance: Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Sharon Skrapits, Claudine Smith, Melissa Hawk, Karen Hein and prospective board member, Walter Fries.
- Motion to accept minutes from January meeting made by Sharon Skrapits, and 2nd by Claudine Smith. Minutes accepted as read.
- Report given by Marketing Strategy Sub-Committee on RFPs.
- Committee met and discussed two firms, Alan Zerbe and Kellie Pypiuk.
- Committee felt Alan Zerbe met NAPL's needs and answered all queries in the RFP.
- Alan Zerbe had an organized timeline and can handle both tagline and logo, whereas Kellie Pypiuk needs to use another person for tagline.
- Motion by Judy Odenwelder to approve Alan Zerbe's proposal for logo redesign and brand identity, 2nd by Sharon Skrapits.
- Discussed how curren website restructuring needs to take place in order to help reach a larger number of patrons.
- Survey was distributed to Board to see current community perception of the NAPL. Board member should take survey and distribute 5 others to a range of patron (or non-patron) types. Surveys to be returned no later than March 15th.
- Discussed LOTF contest, awards date at School Board Meeting to be rescheduled.
- Discussed meeting with Terry Leh and Lisa Strohl. Meeting attended by Melissa Hawk, Karen Hein, and Sharon Skrapits. As a result of this meeting, the NAPL will need to purchase new accounting software.
- Reviewed Library Director's Report and Director of Operations Report.
- Discussed possibility of a customer service workshop for staff-may need to close for 1/2 day in the spring (will ask Board for permission).
- Went over new budget format that Board agrees was easier to navigate.
- Further discussed board president term limits-Board will police itself, but idea can be revisited.
- Discussed NCC Architecture Department Interior Design Project. Daniel Ebner will be coming February 14th to review the needs of the NAPL.
- Tabled "shelf list furniture" until March meeting.
- Discussed changing American Government Bond Fund to a floating bond fund-Dan will ask Jack Sullivan if there is a fee to watch this new fund-final decision tabled until March.
- Walter Fries asked several questions and then told the Board about his background.
- Motion to adjourn at 9:10 PM made by Claudine Smith, and 2nd by Sharon Skrapits.
Claudine Smith, Secretary