Bonnie T. (Technical Services Assistant)
Genres: Inspiring stories,mysteries
Why? I have 2 very different genres that I like to read. (1) Inspiring stories - Stories that are true to life in a way, could happen or not, and touches your heart type. Sometimes they are so sad but always leave me feeling OK with the story endings, I also read similar books in young adult fiction as well. Stories about the shy, underdog kid or misunderstood young person. They almost always have a great message to them and happier endings for the main characters. I like that because I was a very shy kid in school, so I think I read them to better understand my own feelings about who I was then and who I am now!
(2) Mysteries, intrigue and who-dunnit types - I like them with twists and turns to the story that don't come to light until the last chapter or last few pages. I just recently started reading these books and I do enjoy the way I try to figure it out. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am way off.
My top 5 books
- The Walk series or Borken Road series by Richard Paul Evans (F Eva)
- "We are all made of stars" by Rowan Coleman (F Col)
- "Story of Arthur Trulew" by Elizabeth Berg (F Ber)
- "Leaving Time" or "The storyteller" by Jodi Picoult (F Pic)
- "Elsewhere" by Gabby Zevin (YA Zev)