Cheryl D. (Children's Program Director)
Genres: Historical fiction, psychological thrillers and non-fiction (mostly health), romantic drama
Why? I enjoy reading these genres because they make me think and contemplate. Other times, I simply want to relax and be entertained and that's when I reach for romantic dramas.
My top 5 books
- "The Alice Network" by Kate Quinn (F Qui)
- "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah (F Han)
- "The Woman in Cabin 10" by Ruth Ware (F War)
- "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks (F Spa)
- "Come Sundown" by Nora Roberts (F Rob)
As the children's program director, I read reviews about children's books and read juvenile fiction and non-fiction on topics of interest along with award winners. I also read the majority of the picture books received to decide on what to use for programming - picture books are my specialty.
My top 5 children's books
- "Sweet Home Alaska" by Carole Estby Dagg (J Dag)
- "The War that saved my life" by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley (J Bra)
- "Ninja Red Riding Hood" by Corey Rsen Schwartz (E Sch)
- "Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!" by Candace Fleming (E Fle)
- "The Watermelon Seed" by Greg Pizzoli (E Piz)