The Teen Advisory Group or TAG is a group of teens, grades 6 – 12, living in the Northampton Area School District who are interested in having a say in what their library does for them.
TAG will meet monthly on the second Wednesday of each month @ 3:30 PM. Meetings are for group members to share their ideas, help plan future events/services for teens, and work toward making the library a teen-friendly space in our community.
First meeting will be Wednesday, September 14th @ 3:30 PM
TAG’s goal is to promote library services to teens at the Northampton Area Public Library and within the community by:
- Advising, planning and implementing teen programs
- Promoting ideas, reading, programming and expression by and for teens
- Recommending books, movies, music CDs, and magazines for the YA collection.
- Volunteering time to work on special projects or big events
- Help make sure that teen-focused events and programs at the library run smoothly
- Contribute to the library’s teen blog by writing book reviews and other content of interest (optional)
What will I get out of it?
- Having a say in materials & programs for teens at the Northampton Area Public Library
- Opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities
- Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers
- Community service hours look great on college and job applications
If you have any questions or need more information, contact Rachel Robinson at 610-262-7537 or by emailing her at email@example.com